This Sunday I met my dear friends Kristian and Pelle at Stortorget, the big square, in the center of Malmö. I had an idea and we did a five minute embracing exercise at the square before heading to the restaurant.
- First we focused on ourselves — ignoring everyone else.
- Then meeting each other as a You — I see you and I am here for you.
- Forming a circle, holding hands — recognizing that we are a group formed by all of us.
- Embracing the circle with arms behind each other — experiencing being held by a field bigger than us.
- Releasing the hands and keeping the field — being that field and being inside it together.
From there we could have gone further and embraced ever wider circles, but the dinner was waiting …
For me two things became more clear:
It’s not about creating anything, it’s just an awareness of what is. That’s why it’s possible to do it fast.
There’s a tremendous difference between the Small We that only is aware of the individuals in the circle and the Big We that embraces its parts and is more than the parts.
The photos below are from Stortorget in Malmö in May 2011. What relations do we create when we take photos?